Here are the January 2016 Tucson Market Statistics. Here are several key points I’d like to bring to your attention:
- Total Sales Volume decreased this month 20.86% this month, going from $264,001,833 in December to $208,932,522 in January, but increased 33.27% over January 2015.
- Total Under Contract increased in January by 17.62%.
- Total Unit Sales of 966 is a decrease of 22.62% from last month’s number of 1,249, but is an increase of 19.88% from January 2015.
- The Median Sales Price came down from $169,900 this month to $176,000 in December, resulting in a 3.47% decrease.
- Total Active Listings of 5,095 is an increase of 4.23% since December’s number of 4,888.
- Average Days on Market increased to 66 in January from 59 in December.
- Conventional loan sales of 34.9% exceeded Cash Sales of 29.7% this month.
** Please note that the Sales Volume and Total Closed Transactions are typical for this time of year.