Step 1 – Choosing Your REALTOR®
Home Buying Process with Lucy Barraza
Welcome to step 1 of the home buying process, choosing your realtor. Here are 5 great tips for choosing your Realtor:
- Experience Is Important – Whether you are looking for a REALTOR whom specializes in a certain real estate category or you just want someone to work with you to find your new home, make sure your agent is experienced and knows how to negotiate the Tucson real estate market. In addition to experience, make sure they’ve closed transactions locally and have a good track record of success when it comes to putting people in their homes.
- Think Local – The only professionals qualified to work within the Tucson real estate market are Tucson REALTOR®s, make sure your agent belongs to the local real estate association. Not only are they aware of the local laws and regulations governing real estate in your area, they also have the connections you’ll need to make the entire home buying process simple and straight-forward. Here is a sample of our Buyer Broker Exclusive Employment Agreement for you to review in advance of your Tucson REALTOR® search.
- Interview Your Candidates – There are many qualified real estate professionals in your area, so once you’ve narrowed your search, interview with that person. The only way to know if you can work with that agent is to sit down and discuss your unique home buying situation. Your prospective agents will be happy for the opportunity to meet with you and you will gain a future contact should you or anyone you know need a REALTOR down the line.
- Make Sure Your Personalities Match – You’re gonna be spending a lot of time with your REALTOR®, so it’s important that you guys are on the same page and working together towards your goals. Make sure your agent listens to you and will fight on your behalf for the best deal. Finally, make sure your real estate agent understands your unique circumstances and works within your parameters to find the perfect home for you.
- Check Referrals – Once you think you’ve found that person, be sure to check their referrals to see how past clients felt about their services. Any committed REALTOR keeps regular contact with all of their clients and moves with them through home buying, children going off to college, in-laws moving in, and other lifestyle changes. I pride myself in the personal commitment to service that I offer each and every one of my clients, hear what a glowing review they give me:
[youtube id=”fN-NTXnMi3s” align=”center” mode=”normal” autoplay=”no” aspect_ratio=”16:9″ maxwidth=”815″]
Regardless of who you choose as your REALTOR®, take the time and make an informed decision. Your choice of agent can be the difference between a smooth transaction and a host of obstacles. I want you to have to best possible Home Buying Experience, so give me a call today at (520) 909-7653 or fill out the form on the right to put me to work for you!
- Choosing Your Realtor
- Understanding Home Loans with Glen Smart of Nova Home Loans
- Setting Up Your MLS Search
- Touring Homes
- Writing The Home Offer
- Home Inspections
- Reviewing The Home Inspection Report
- Ordering The Home Appraisal
- Working With Your Home Loan Officer
- Signing Real Estate Closing Documents
- Thank You For A Great Experience
Lucy Barraza and Associates
Phone: (520) 909-7653