[youtube id=”w2RrrSuAb4M” align=”center” mode=”normal” autoplay=”no” aspect_ratio=”16:9″ maxwidth=”815″]
Step 6 – Home Inspection
Home Buying Process with Lucy Barraza
Welcome to Step 6, where we have our team of professionals inspect your prospective home to make sure you know what you’re buying. We’re gonna be looking at your new home from top to bottom, including:
- Roof Inspection – Especially with the sun damage caused by the wonderful Arizona climate, we need to have a good understanding about what going on over our heads. This inspection usually consists of a visual checkup on the roofs condition, from both the interior and exterior of the home. Roof inspectors are looking for debris, signs of drainage, physical damage, condition of your weather coating, and any missing or cracked shingles (if applicable). The roof inspectors also check both the interior and exterior wall surfaces for staining, cracking, leaking, or any other deformations. Trust Hallmark Roofing for your roof inspection and expect great service, I always have.
- Heating and Cooling – Your HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Cooling) inspection is probably the most critical. Tucson has sunny days year-round, and all that sun leads to increased cooling needs and makes having an efficient HVAC system imperative to enjoying your new home. Additionally, HVAC repairs can become costly, so it is important that we have a good idea of whether the existing system can meet your heating and cooling needs, and if the contract needs to be modified in response. I recommend Bakers Mobile Aire for all of your heating and cooling requirements; their fast response time and great customer service has made all the difference with many of my clients!
- Home Inspection – Not to be confused with the appraisal, home inspections are critical to getting a practical understanding on the condition of your new home. The trained, experienced, and certified Home Inspectors (remember Matt Leahy) that I work with review all aspects of your home and return with a list of items that will need to be addressed before you finally purchase the home. We will then huddle together and decide which tasks need to be forwarded to the seller and incorporated into the final contract for your home.
- Termite Inspection – Possibly the most important inspection for your new home will be the termite inspection. Termites can infest a home and utterly destroy entire portions of your structure, preventing them is paramount. If the home is already infested, then we will be having another conversation, but thankfully pest prevention services are ubiquitous and not outrageously expensive, so must homeowners already purchase treatment services and your new home shouldn’t have any problems with termites. To ensure this is the case, we’ll have dedicated professionals from Budget Pest Control carefully inspect the property and then we’ll purchase a service contract to prevent any problems in the future.
- Pool and Spa Inspection – With year-round sunny days, your own backyard pool will prove to be one of your favorite home-related purchases. If your new home already comes with one, we had better get it inspected for cracks and any problems with the filtration system. I prefer to use Pool By Design, a wonderful local inspection and repair company that offers fantastic, timely service at great rates!
These inspections will give us a good idea of what you’re buying and allow us to design the contract to reflect those realities. We’re getting further along in our Tucson Home Buying Process, be sure to send me any additional questions and I’ll get right back to you!
- Choosing Your Realtor
- Understanding Home Loans with Glen Smart of Nova Home Loans
- Setting Up Your MLS Search
- Touring Homes
- Writing The Home Offer
- Home Inspections
- Reviewing The Home Inspection Report
- Ordering Your Home Appraisal
- Working With Your Home Loan Officer
- Signing the Closing Documents
- Thank You For A Great Experience
Lucy Barraza and Associates
Phone: (520) 909-7653